It’s been a while. Lots of reason’s why. But, it’s mostly laziness. Let’s check up on the new year’s resolutions I made:
- Pray the daily office using Phyllis Tickle’s The Divine Hours: Not going so well.
- Read through the Bible in 2007: Not going so well.
- Pray more for the youth ministry: Not going as well compared to the last update. Still better than it was.
- Read less blogs: I’m still doing good on this. My addiction is in check now.
- Teach myself Greek: As expected, 0% progress on this so far.
- Read a book every two weeks: Fabulous. I think I’m on book number eleven. Maybe I should divert some of my book reading time to accomplish goal #2.
- Spend 30 minutes a day in the office reading youth ministry books: I decided this was just a bad idea. So I don’t worry about it.
- Talk with Rusty and Noah weekly: This is one of the highlights of my week. It’s been rough lately because we’ve been unable to meet for like 4 out of the last 6 weeks.
- Write more blogs: Pitiful.
- Submit at least 1 article for publication: Sort of accomplished. I got a book review published online. Not a big deal, but a good step for me.
- Clean the house at least 20 minutes a day: Ha!
- Be more productive with my time in the office: Hmmm, struggling here still.
I got in this funk in March when I got sick. I pretty much missed a whole week of work and just got my life out of rhythm and have been “off” ever since. I don’t know what I need to do to get back in the swing of things. But it’s starting to wear on me.