I decided to take a one month blog-fast beginning December 9. After I wrote my post that day, I thought it would be good to just forget about the blog for a little while.
Ok, yeah, I’m just kidding. In reality I’ve just been really lazy and busy and haven’t posted anything. But “blog-fast” sounds much better and more spiritual than “I was lazy.”
Anyways… some new years resolutions that I have come up with:
- Pray the daily office using Phyllis Tickle’s The Divine Hours. I still need to get the book ordered.
- Read through the Bible in 2007. So far, I’m keeping up with my reading plan. Woo-hoo, I’ve made it seven days!
- Pray more for the youth ministry. Yeah, I definitely didn’t do that enough in 2006.
- Read Less blogs. I wasted too much time on the internet. Thus, I have significantly deceased the amount of blogs I track via bloglines.
- Teach myself Greek. If there’s one that doesn’t happen, this will be it.
- Read a book every two weeks. We’ll see if that one happens. I was reading about a book a week last year in the fall and dropped my reading habits over the holidays. Reading maketh a full man.
- Spend 30 minutes a day in the office reading youth ministry books. More reading maketh a fuller man.
- Talk with Rusty and Noah weekly. Conference maketh a ready man.
- Write more blogs. Yeah, I am still shooting for that one-post-a-week goal. Writing maketh an exact man.
- Submit at least 1 article for publication. I’ll probably limit myself to internet sources at first, until I have enough credibility to where people might consider my writing for print publication. Even more writing maketh an even more exact man.
- Clean the house at least 20 minutes a day. Instead of letting our house get disgusting and then spend hours on end trying to put things back together I will try and carve out a little time every day to clean around the house.
- Be more productive with my time in the office. I really feel like the time I spend in my office alone at work could be better used. So, I am going to do two things: 1) Have a routine and schedule to follow. That way I get in a rhythm of getting done what needs to be done instead of just doing things randomly as I think they need to be done. 2) Come into the office at 8:00am. I get really lethargic in the afternoons. I think I work better in the mornings. So, we’ll try coming in an hour earlier and see if that helps.
I think just about all of these goals are reachable in 2007 as long as I am disciplined with my time and don’t waste it away too much. I also think I will be happier if I use my time wisely and can begin to see some fruit from my attempts. May God grant me the strength to follow through.
Blessings to all in this new year.