I received the following as an email from my seminary and thought I would pass along the information to those who might be interested. The Exemplary Youth Ministry Study is a pretty ground-breaking study in the field of youth ministry. If you are a full-time youth worker and unfamiliar with this study, this might be a good place to start. I also noticed on their website that they are willing to do private seminars for your whole youth ministry team if you want; contact them for more information on that if you are interested.
Exemplary Youth Ministry
Learn in an Online Seminar!
Now you can learn from the results of a ground-breaking study in youth ministry, and hear the personal stories of the congregational leaders involved. The study was led by Roland Martinson, academic dean and Carrie Olson Baalson professor of Children, Youth and Family Ministry at Luther Seminary.
At the Exemplary Youth Ministry seminar you will:
- discover how all congregations can be places where the faith of young people is nurtured to maturity.
- be exposed to the key aspects of a mature Christian faith.
- discover defined assets of congregational youth ministry.
- learn about the role of leadership in creating a culture for developing mature Christian young people.
- be able to engage and focus your congregation’s mission.
- learn the framework for Youth Ministry that your Luther student is learning.
Attend Exemplary Youth Ministry from your home or church. All you need is a broadband Internet connection and a phone. Pastors, youth ministers and youth ministry teams are encouraged to attend. Or contact us to set up a seminar exclusively for your congregation’s youth ministry team. Exemplary Youth Ministry is presented by the Luther Seminary Center for Children, Youth and Family Ministry Team at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn.
Registration is limited to six people per session, so sign up for one of these sessions today!
May 5, May 12, May 19 or May 28 at 1-2 p.m. Central Time
May 7, May 14 or May 28 at 10-11 a.m. Central Time
Cost: $39 ($20 for Luther Seminary students)
Three easy ways to register!